I LOVE Pinterest!! I love scoping out recipes, organization, crafts products. Last week I came across one I thought oh hey I need to try that and I did (with only a few mishaps :-P)
I have never been very good at curling my hair, and to be honest never practiced much…but I would LOVE to wear my hair curly more often so seeing this made me so happy!
When I tried it on Sunday morning it was an epic FAIL…come to find out my hair curler is a total dud, so no wonder it wasn’t working.
Last night I used another curling iron that was in the house and TADA it worked. This above style you see is a rough version of what I want to do next time. I didn’t use any hairspray or moose as I was heading to be and just seeing if it would indeed work!
Cant wait to try it (for real) this weekend!
xoxox Arbonne Girl Dom
PS What are your favorite hair tricks and tips.
So, what IS a detox slimming wrap? It is just a quick way to drop an inch or so around your tummy, thighs, or arms. Disclaimer, though: Arbonne International didn’t come up with these wraps. They don’t sell them and do not endorse them. These wraps were created by a smarty-pants Independent Consultant.
What’s so different about these wraps? The Arbonne products! They’re pure, safe and beneficial! You can use the products for so many things!
Also, you can reuse your wrap! Just toss them in the wash after each use, and use them again! But, the magic is in the products. You WILL NOT get the same results without the products.
What you need:
- Detox Rescue Wash
- Foaming Sea Salt Scrub
- Renewing Body Gelee
- Purifying Body Soak
- Re-mineralizing hand lotion 24 Hour
- 5 in 1 Massage Oil (optional – for extra support and hydration)
- Saran wrap
- A towel or hand towel
- A dish bin, bowl or sink: somewhere to hold water to soak wrap
- An herbal wrap or large ace bandage. (latex-free)
- 20 – 32 oz of water.
- String to measure
You can find all of these Arbonne products at http://www.dominiquerondeau.arbonne.com. Ask me how to get the BEST deal
What to do:
- Put your string around the area you’re wrapping. Cut the string so that it’s meeting end to end. Mark using a sharpie so you know where to measure when you’re done the wrapping.
- Put on some comfy PJ pants or shorts and tuck a towel into the top of them so they don’t get soaking wet. They will likely get damp.
- Soak wrap for 10 – 15 minutes in bin/bowl/sink with a teaspoon of Purifying Sea Soak.
- Use one pump of Detoxifying Rescue Wash with a bit of water to wash off the surface of the area you’re wrapping. You can just use your hand in circular motions. Do not wash off.
- Add a nickel sized amount of Foaming Sea Salt Scrub and Renewing Body Gelee and rub all over the area that will be wrapped. You can use a little extra Glee if you’d like.
- Wring out the wrap. It should be damp but not soaking wet/dripping.
- Wrap area so that no gaps are showing between the wrap. Secure wrap with prongy-things that came with your wrap. The wrap should be tight but remember you need to be able to breathe.
- Wrap 5 – 7 layers of saran around to totally cover the wrap. This keeps the body heat in and keeps the products ‘activated’. Dollar store plastic wrap does NOT work for this. It’s worth getting the good stuff. I use the Glad brand.
- Put your clothes on/your shirt down and go on about your business. Leave the wrap on for 60 – 90 minutes. I have clients that clean or cook or whatever to pass the time.
- After you remove the wrap, use a washcloth or wet paper towel (or jump in the shower if you’re able) to wash off access sea salt scrub.
- Apply ReMineralizing Lotion 24H + 5-in-1 Massage Oil all over the area you wrapped.
- Remeasure using the same string to see how many inches you lost!
IMPORTANT: You’ll need to drink the water during the duration of the wrap. No need to chug! Unless that’s your thing… PS. no you’re not losing ‘water weight’ as many people presume. The products turn toxins into salts your body can eliminate when you sweat and go to the bathroom. So that water is just helping to push out the toxins.
HINT: The detox process keeps working for up to 72 hours, so don’t be surprised or bummed if you don’t lose anything right away. Measure again later on in the day and the next couple of days using the same string.
HOT TIP: Avoid processed foods, soda, gluten, sugars and dairy at all costs during the 72 hours for best results! All of these things cause bloating and inflammation and will undo the detox process.
PS These are TEMPORARY results! Healthy eating and exercise are the only ways to see lasting results 🙂
I thought I’d share with you my simple routine and the few products in my everyday make-up bag.
Everything I use is from Arbonne. I made the switch to their skincare line about 2.5 years ago when I realized it was about time I started taking a little better care of me. It’s taken me some time to build up my collection and learn how to use each item even but its well worth it.
Growing up as a country bumpkin I knew all about horses and chickens and cows but VERY little about beauty and fashion. Arbonne has been an awesome segway into a FUN and classy world of being a girly-girl.
Their products are all botanically-based and never tested on animals, contain no animal by-products and are actually doing good things for your skin while you wear them.
Eye Shadow: (Sugar Plum Pallet): Since I wear glasses I can get away with a little more eye color and I love these 4 and can do something different each day. The colors are rich and they last all day.
Its a Long Story Mascara: This was one of my favorite Arbonne products. I used to wear drug store mascaras and found my eyes suddenly stinging and tearing up at random moments during the day and oh the loss of lashes. Not only is this mascara botanical and SAFE, it contains ingredients that actually condition your lashes.
CC Cream: Arbonne’s CC Cream has an amazing reputation. It works for all skin types and is a workhorse: It’s primer, protector, concealer, hydrator, mattifier, brightener, blemish cover, pore refiner, complexion controller. Boom. I feel fancy when I wear it and it looks awesome!
Bronzer: Brushes on evenly for a flawless-looking finish. It gives me the perfect finished look
For more info on Arbonne makeup products, as me about becoming a preferred client. You’ll get great rewards, a free $50 gift and 20%-40% off your purchases for a year!!!
-Arbonne Girl Dom
Last night I was craving something yummy for dinner so orange chicken and coconut rice it was.
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 inch Ginger
- 1 Orange
Baking & Spices
- 1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Tapioca starch
Oils & Vinegars
- 2 tbsp Sesame oil, toasted
Nuts & Seeds
- 1/3 cup Coconut amnios
- Sprinkle salt on chicken and stir to evenly coat.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the sesame oil and chicken.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until mostly cooked through.
- While that is cooking, in a small bowl, combine orange zest and juice, coconut aminos, ginger,tomato paste, honey, red pepper, and garlic powder. Stir as best you can with a spoon.
- Pour over chicken and stir to evenly coat.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through.
- Add tapioca starch if you want the sauce thicker. Stir it in and cook for a couple minutes for it to thicken.
- Serve over rice of your choice (cauliflower rice would make it 100% paleo 😛 )
- 1 cup rice (white or brown)
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 tsp coconut oil
Make rice according to cooking instructions just substitute the coconut milk for the water.