Last night I was craving something yummy for dinner so orange chicken and coconut rice it was.
- 2 lbs Chicken
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 inch Ginger
- 1 Orange
- 2 tbsp Tomato paste
- 2 tbsp Honey
Baking & Spices
- 1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Tapioca starch
Oils & Vinegars
- 2 tbsp Sesame oil, toasted
Nuts & Seeds
- 1/3 cup Coconut amnios
- Sprinkle salt on chicken and stir to evenly coat.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the sesame oil and chicken.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until mostly cooked through.
- While that is cooking, in a small bowl, combine orange zest and juice, coconut aminos, ginger,tomato paste, honey, red pepper, and garlic powder. Stir as best you can with a spoon.
- Pour over chicken and stir to evenly coat.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through.
- Add tapioca starch if you want the sauce thicker. Stir it in and cook for a couple minutes for it to thicken.
- Serve over rice of your choice (cauliflower rice would make it 100% paleo 😛 )
- 1 cup rice (white or brown)
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 tsp coconut oil
Make rice according to cooking instructions just substitute the coconut milk for the water.