A few of my favorite things! I have done a post or two like this but thought hey why not do another one.
Here are a few of my favorite things
- Arbonne Deodorant– it’s cool and minty and keeps me from smelling anything less than pretty. It is free from aluminum, parabeans, and toxins.
- Success Magazine-I had been following their Facebook page for a while, but was recently given some old issues from a fellow entrapuner and I am enjoying them. With each issue comes a CD. The editor interviews successful big name people.
- Breakfast bowls– these a new easy favorite of mine. Yogurt (of your choosing), granola, and fruit all mixed together. It’s a tasty protein packed meal or snack.
- Iced tea-This has always been a favorite. Growing up in New Hampshire I drank my weight in sun tea every summer. My mom would throw some mint from the garden in it and tada! I recently got a mint plant (funny story really) and have been enjoying iced tea.
- Gardening-As a kid I don’t think I appreciated the garden as much as I do now. I live in a cute little town home with a tiny back yard so my city garden is all in pots on my little postage stamp patio.
- Books– Well these are ALWAYS a favorite of mine but just finished reading Broken Open and a book on how to love your money. I am still finishing up The Happiness Trap- All about ACT therapy.
- Walking-Its my preferred form of exercise (besides yoga) and I have been trying to do a lot more lately. When I was nannying…(I make that sound like it was a long time ago lol but my job as a nanny only ended last week 😛 )I would plop the girl(s) in the stroller and get in two miles everyday…same loop e.v.e.r.y.d.a.y….yawn…so now I am SO enjoying spicing it up. Since Friday I have done 4 different routes and places.
- Succulents– I guess I could plop this into the gardening category but succulents are so FUN! I am slowly adding to my collection. In May I got a aloe plant and a new cactus. The aloe has come in handy a few times with sun burns.
- Traveling –I have a few fun trips planned this summer. Next week I am heading to Phoenix Arizona to visit my friend Karen from college! She’s what you call a soul sister-someone who you may not see or talk to for a while but when you hang out it is like no time has passed. In July Ill being going down to Anaheim to attend a conference with my Aunt Rose. In August I finally get to visit San Francisco for my friend Megan’s wedding! So fun. I MAY go back to NH in the fall, but no concrete plans just yet.
- Baking-Nope not in the sun lol I mean making yummy goodies, but with a healthy twist. I eat gluten free as much as possible, so I always make things with coconut flour or almond flour. Yesterday I made a double batch of banana bread with all the left over bananas from the week before.